There Is No Excuse For Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment can cause physical and emotional pain that can affect your ability to continue working. Whether it was a supervisor, colleague or third party, such as a client or vendor, workplace harassment is unacceptable. If you have experienced sexual harassment, you need an experienced lawyer who understands your situation and will work diligently to secure damages for you.
Attorney Horacio Barraza has over 25 years’ experience protecting the rights of the people of California in civil suits, including sexual harassment and personal injury suits. He will take the time to listen to your story and thoroughly explain your rights and options. He understands that you are going through a difficult time and will treat you with compassion throughout your case. You can rely on his strength and knowledgeable counsel.
What Is Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment at work can manifest itself in many ways, including:
- Unwanted sexual advances
- Quid pro quo behavior
- Offensive jokes, comments, photos, emails and texts
- Discriminating against you because of your sex, gender or sexual orientation
- Creating a hostile work environment that makes it hard to do your job
When sexual harassment occurs in the workplace, your problem is twofold: you are suffering the effects of the harassment and are worried about your job. Perhaps you were fired or demoted for reporting the harassment, or had to quit because you could no longer work under those conditions.
The consequences of sexual harassment can include PTSD, fear, depression and anxiety. These symptoms often make it hard or impossible to do your job, and they can affect other areas of your life as well. You deserve compensation for your losses.
Seeking Compensation Takes An Experienced Attorney
Depending on the facts of your case, you may be entitled to compensation for some or all of the following:
- Loss of income – This may include back pay if you were denied a promotion or a raise, or you were fired. You may also be entitled to front pay if you can no longer work at your job or get another job.
- Pain and suffering – You may be entitled to compensation for emotional and physical pain and suffering, and for any medical expenses. This is known as compensatory damages.
- Punitive damages – Though rarer, some people are entitled to punitive damages if their employer acted egregiously. The employer may, for example, have been aware of the harassment and took no action to stop it.
With his experience in these cases, Mr. Barraza knows how to investigate the issue and collect evidence to build a strong case. He understands the trauma you may have after sexual harassment is real and can have devastating effects on your life. He will seek the relevant damages in your case, pursuing justice and compensation for you.
You Can Hold Your Employer Accountable For Your Losses
Speak with Mr. Barazza to learn how he may be able to assist you in getting compensation. His extensive experience with personal injury cases is invaluable in these situations. Please call The Law Offices of Horacio Barraza in San Diego at (619) 239-3225 today. You may complete our brief online form if you prefer.